back to console
- drawsum not writesum - generally remove writting except if it's in a design and needed for context.
- be impartial - it's not for us to decide which drawing is 'good'. Evaluate a drawing by the time spent, not your taste.
- censorship - because drawsum now has an app, any sexual / adult content must be censored (but don't delete it neccessarily).
- goto drawings - generally remove penises, swasticas, single eyes and flags. They seem to be the default drawings, it's not creative.
- scribbles and sprays - generally remove users 'testing' drawsum by scribbling or spraying.
- be professional - you should not insult other users or use swear words. If someone is 'trolling', best not to respond.
- big picture - anything that is visible from maximum zoom should be a drawing and not offensive / political / nationalist.
- spreaders - drawings that gradually spread (eg. rainbow, vine, black background, etc) are allowed on a case-by-case basis, so should be discussed with other mods.
- common sense - often it is easy to know if you should allow a work or not. It's up to you as a mod to decide in the end.
- accept - accepts the drawing and promotes user. a novice would then be level 3 and allowed to draw directly! so be careful.
- allow - only accepts the drawing. for example the drawing is passable but you want the next drawing to be moderated just in case.
- skip - ignore drawing for now.
- discard - only rejects drawing. for example a small scribble in the white zone that doesn't deserve penalisation.
- reject - rejects drawing and demotes user. for a novice; one reject gives them a warning, the next bans them.
- ban - reject drawings and ban user. for clear vandalism that you don't think a warning would help.
Drawsum moderation now mainly works by approval; when a user joins they start at level 2 (novice), and all drawings are held in a approval queue.
shows recent changes to canvas (eg approved, or level 3+ users).
- clear - clears the review list.
- user id - clicking on a user brings up their profile.
- grades - there are buttons to set the users grade.
all tiles flagged on the canvas view show on the review section. It shows all backup states and you can click on them to revert the tile to that state.
if you send these in chat. stuff happens. eg: "/mod hi".
- /mod [msg] - only visible for mods, and sends it to the mod chat room.
- /otr [msg] - off the record, only people online get the message.
- /anon [msg] - send a message as anon. also can use /mod/69 to send as 'anon69'.
- /users - list people online.
- /ban [user] - ban level 3 or lower user by username.
- /del [word/user] - use carefully. delete all messages with this phrase or by that user. demote users.
history of moderators:
- Smellymoo - creator of drawsum.
- Shadox - artist and programmer.
- KShadow - artist. resigned.
- L'Artiste - French artist. aka 'Weisbi'.
- Oddchat - Pixel artist.
- Yalais - French artist, did the walle painting.
- Lau - English artist. resigned.
- An - Vietnamese artist.
- Ptitchat - artist.
- Viluzix - Finnish pixel artist.
- Ger-trans - German pixel artist and translator.
- Pelixue - English artist.